VIRTUAL EVENTS -ON DEMAND
Navigating the Digital Services Act (DSA): Ensuring Trust and Safety in Online Marketplaces
November 15, 2023
Company & Presenters:
- Laura Debenedetto, Policy Advisor
- Agne Kaarlep, Global Head of Policy and Advisory, Tremau
- Ashley Kim, Consulting CFO and Commerce Leader
In today's ever-evolving digital landscape, marketplace trust and safety practices have taken center stage, driven by the implementation of the Digital Services Act (DSA). This hour-long panel session, scheduled for October 4th, 2023, will delve into the intricacies of the DSA and its profound implications for businesses operating in the European Union's digital space. The Digital Services Act (DSA), which came into effect on November 16, 2022, seeks to create a safer digital environment where users, businesses, governments, and civil society can thrive. This regulation is applicable to Very Large Online Platforms (VLOPs) and Very Large Online Search Engines (VLOSEs), and also has trickle down effects for many marketplaces online.
Our panel will explore the following key aspects:
1. Understanding the DSA Framework: Delve into the intricacies of the DSA, including its application to different categories of online services, such as intermediary services, hosting services, online platforms, and VLOPs/VLOSEs.
2. Enforcement and Implementation: Gain insights into the enforcement mechanisms under the DSA, including the role of the Digital Services Coordinator (DSC), potential fines, and key compliance deadlines.
3. Implications for Your Business: Discover how the DSA mandates operational changes for online service providers. Topics include appointing an EU legal representative, implementing notice-and-action mechanisms, addressing child protection measures, and ensuring transparency reporting.
4. Marketplace Trust & Safety Policies: Explore the critical role of trust and safety policies on online marketplaces and how these policies impact user engagement, customer retention, and compliance with the DSA.
5. Regulatory Scrutiny: Understand the increasing regulatory scrutiny facing e-commerce platforms, including the DSA's specific requirements for online marketplaces, such as KYBC, transparency reporting, and product safety.
6. Preparing for Compliance: Learn about the steps that online marketplaces must take to comply with the DSA's obligations, promote transparency, and protect consumers.
Our panel of experts will provide valuable insights into how your business can navigate the evolving landscape of marketplace trust and safety, ensuring compliance with the DSA while fostering a safer and more transparent digital environment.